The WellQor Way is a comprehensive, proactive approach to successfully managing behavioral health in a senior living facility.
Transitioning the WellQor way
Caring for the wellbeing of residents in any senior living facility is a complex proposition that goes far beyond attending to the residents’ physical needs. Ensuring that senior residents are kept safe, healthy, comfortable and well adjusted, requires that their chosen community has ready access to the resources necessary to pro-actively attend to both their physical and emotional wellbeing.
Change is Hard
Transitioning to a senior living community is stressful, not only for the prospective resident, but also for their families and caregivers. Usually, the move became necessary due to a significant life event related to one or more of the following:
• Loss of the senior’s spouse or partner
• Deterioration in physical and/or cognitive function
• Other circumstances that put the senior’s safety in jeopardy
It’s more than just hospitality
While safety and comfort are immediate needs that families consider for deciding on a senior living facility, the leadership of such a facility has to be concerned with much more than hospitality. The emotional state of a prospective resident is a crucial factor to keep in mind, as this one factor has the potential to affect the long-term success of the community.
When a community provides comprehensive, whole person care for its residents, the results are beneficial for all involved.
- Residents who are emotionally well adjusted, do better physically
- Medical costs are directly tied to a resident’s emotional health
- Staff burnout and turnover rates decline
- Families and caregivers can rest easy, knowing that their loved ones are being cared for in a holistic manner
The WellQor Premier™ Program
At WellQor Premier™ Communities, our licensed, expert, geriatric psychologists and clinical social workers deliver a variety of therapeutic services for individual residents, groups, families, and staff members in pursuit of healthier and happier lives.
In addition to fostering better communication with family members, our on-site professionals provide ongoing training and counseling to community staff, ensuring everyone understands more fully their senior clients’ cognitive and emotional health needs. We also offer free periodic cognitive and emotional Wellness Checks to all community residents, whether or not they are current WellQor clients.
Through this comprehensive and supportive approach, WellQor creates a calmer and more harmonious living environment in our partner communities. Those seniors who need help get it, and the entire staff gains deeper insight into the reasons behind the issues their senior clients face, as well as being given tools to respond to those issues effectively and compassionately.
Our on-site WellQor team consists of licensed health professionals trained and specializing in gerontological issues. Our Lead Psychologist or Neuropsychologist / Team Manager oversees the overall community program while our on-site Licensed Clinical Behavioral Health Expert / Therapy Clinician conducts one-on-one sessions with our clients as frequently as needed. Our practitioners use highly developed clinical programs to better serve their clients at every stage of cognitive, emotional and psychological impairment.
In addition, our professionals provide Wellness Checks for all residents, ongoing education for staff, training and research, support group leadership and overall elder behavioral expertise.
Our WellQor team members work closely and constantly with each other, with staff, and with our WellQor Network to compassionately bring the very best ideas, resources, and options to our senior clients while delivering full-time, fully integrated cognitive and behavioral health care. This is The WellQor Way™.
Senior Living The WellQor Way™
Establishing a WellQor partnership is the key to ensuring a proactive, comprehensive approach to providing senior care. The WellQor Way™ allows qualified clinicians who specialize in senior behavioral health care to integrate into the core clinical team, and provide critical behavioral health care on-site, to your residents, as needed. As part of a comprehensive care team, our WellQor providers take a proactive approach to caring for your residents, leaving little or no need for reactive responses to acute behavioral health needs.
The WellQor Way™ ensures that residents, their families and community staff are well integrated and are actively participating in the complete care of the older adult.
WellQor offers two programs for its senior living community partners
Wellqor Premier is a comprehensive, best in class solution for the comprehensive management of behavioral health in a senior living community.
- WellQor Adaptability Index scoring for each new resident to establish a baseline for their emotional state
- Transition and ongoing therapy to help new residents adjust to their new lifestyle and promptly address other concerns as they arise
- On-site behavioral health care for your residents as part of their ongoing comprehensive treatment plan
- Resident and family presentations on brain health and cognitive care
- Behavioral healthcare training for community staff
- Support groups for families and caregivers as they navigate difficulties commonly associated with senior care and residents’ transitions
Our Support program gives communities access to WellQor Support network clinicians in order to ensure that residents’ mental, behavioral and cognitive care needs are met.
• Individual and family therapy
• Psychological / cognitive testing
• Access to ancillary support services as needed