Are you having increased feelings of sadness and anxiety?
Second-guessing your decision to retire?
Not sure who you’ll be without your career?
Many people suffer from post-retirement depression. Getting help from a WellQor counselor will help. And because we accept most insurance, it’s affordable. Call us today or set up an informational meeting. Our intake counselors make it easy.
Is retirement different than you imagined?
If so, you’re not alone. Newly retired people often find themselves with time that they don’t know what to do with. As you work to redefine your life and find a new purpose, you might even be second guessing your decision to retire. These feelings are common, and the uncertainty of a major life change can often bring unexpected feelings of stress, anxiety, and depression.
Many people suffer from post-retirement depression. In fact, studies show that retired people are almost twice as likely to suffer from depression than those who chose to continue working (referenced Journal of Population Aging). This can be extremely frustrating, especially considering the fact that many people retire to escape the stress and obligations of working life. Not to worry though, if you’re retired and struggling to acclimate to this new lifestyle, there are some easy ways to help yourself be happy.
WellQor makes getting support AFFORDABLE, and it’s EASY!
COVERED BY INSURANCE with
minimal out-of-pocket costs.
NO REFERRAL NEEDED Our patient intake team does all the work to get you started.
Large network of licensed counselors, TOGETHER we’ll find the right one for you. Need to switch providers? No problem!
WellQor Has Helped Thousands of Adults Transition to Retirement!
Adjusting to Retirement the WellQor Way
- Identify the emotional complexity of retirement
- Establish a process for decision making to anticipate and manage expectations
- Explore unresolved feelings related to retirement
- Implement problem solving strategies to find comfortable resolutions
- Develop an individualized action plan leading to self identification and newly defined roles
- Find fulfillment during retirement
- Overcome feelings related to retirement
- Continue to success of maintain independence throughout retirement
- Adjust to challenges created by the “new normal”